The current schedule of services in all our church buildings is given below, although this remains subject to change should there be changes in the relevant guidance or legislation.
We need to restrict numbers at all our services to ensure that two-metre social-distancing guidance can be followed. To assist us with this, you are asked to register in advance of attending some of our services, as detailed below.
Details of the measures we have taken to ensure COVID-Secure environments in all our church buildings are described below, as well as the steps we need to ask you to take in order to help keep everyone safe.
St Cuthbert’s Church, Thetford
Sunday services take place every week at 10.30 a.m. Please register in advance of attending Sunday services by ‘phoning Sandra Phillips (01842 752866).
A service of Holy Communion also takes place at 10.30 a.m. every Wednesday; no registration is needed before attending this service.
Cloverfield Community Church
Regular services at Cloverfield Church (including children’s groups or other suitable provision for children) take place every Sunday at 10.30 a.m. Please register in advance of attending via the Cloverfield Church Website or by ‘phoning the Revd Matt Houghton (01842 630350).
Grace Church meets every Sunday at 4 p.m. in the Arts Centre, The Bishop’s School, Canterbury Way, Thetford, IP24 1EB. No registration is needed before attending.
Services at Grace Church have a dedicated group for children (apart from occasional all-age services), and children and young people are welcome at all our services.
All Saints’ Church, Croxton
Services take place on the second Sunday of each month (usually a Family Service) and the fourth Sunday of each month (usually Holy Communion), all at 9.15 a.m. No registration is needed before attending.
St Andrew’s Church, Kilverstone
Services take place on the third Sunday of each month at 9.00 a.m. Please contact Caroline Hughes (07748 081675) to register to attend.
Keeping Everyone Safe from COVID-19
All necessary steps have been taken to ensure that our services are held in COVID-Secure environments, including hand-sanitising stations to be used as you enter and exit the building, clearly marked one-way systems, socially-distanced seating and records of attendees kept for 21 days in case of a request from NHS ‘Test and Trace’. You can view the full risk assessment for St Cuthbert’s if you wish.
We also need to ask you to observe the following to guidelines in order to help keep everyone safe:
- Everyone attending is required to wear a face covering (unless you have an exemption);
- Ensure you stay at least two metres away from other households (including whilst queuing to enter, should a queue form) and follow the one-way system where this is in operation;
- Sanitise your hands on entering and on leaving the building;
- Limit interactions to one other household, or in a group of no more than six people, and maintain social distancing at all times;
- Leave promptly at the end, without mingling with anyone outside the group you came with;
- Monetary donations are encouraged online, rather than in cash, wherever possible.